Saturday, November 24, 2012

My TV Series Guide # 2

I realized I never really completed my account of the tv series as started in the earlier blog due to various reasons. So here’s the remainder of the blog (rather, part 2 of the blog). I have just given my rating points here, unlike the earlier blog where I tried to give a sneak peek into each series (Wikipedia takes care of that).

Action
Band of Brothers : 9.8
The Pacific : 9.7
24 : 8.7
Heroes : 8.4
The Walking Dead : 8.2
Spartacus : 7.6
Alias : 7.2
Misfits : 7.0

Suspense
Prison Break : 9.8
Sherlock : 9.2
Dexter : 9.1
House MD : 7.7
Lost : 6.5

Comedy
Arrested Development : 9.4
The Big Bang Theory : 9.2
Entourage : 9.1
Two And a Half Men : 9.0
Modern Family : 9.0
Malcolm in the Middle : 8.6
Friends : 8.4
How I Met Your Mother : 8.0
Seinfeld : 7.9
Coupling : 7.7
Chuck : 7.8
Outsourced : 6.5

Crime
Hustle : 8.3
White Collar : 8.1
Criminal Minds : 7.9
The Mentalist : 7.7

Drama
Game of Thrones : 9.0
Grey’s Anatomy : 8.5
Kyle XY : 8.5
Breaking Bad : 8.4
The OC : 8.3
Firefly : 8.2
Parenthood : 7.9
The Sopranos : 7.8
Glee : 7.2
The Vampire Diaries : 7.2

I made a pool of all the series, and after rating them all, divided them into various categories. So, something which has 8.5 in comedy is better than something that has 8.4 in suspense, and so on.

Some prominent ones still lying unseen in the hard disk include Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Wire and Mad Men. Will rate them when i see them (which may not be that fast).

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I never warmed up to Breaking Bad. There were circumstances operating. I realise everyone else will rate it much higher - just with me, something went wrong.
      Similarly with Prison Break - the circumstances under which i saw it force me to give it a 9.8 rating, which i guess might not go down well with many. But, these circumstances do actually influence the way you receive it.

      Delete
    2. Thoroughly endorse Band of Brothers and The Pacific's ratings. Although I feel the best TV series on air right now is Homeland.

      Delete
  2. I think Everybody loves Raymond should also be included in the comedy list. It certainly would get better than an 8.5.

    ReplyDelete